Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Someone's Done My Work for Me!! - Another way to find new music

That's right!  I didn't need to move that many muscles to create today's entry!   It seems that someone on the blog ALL MY FAVES has decided to list their Top 10 free music streaming and music discovery sites!  Now, I wish this information could have come from me, but obviously there are people with more time on their hands than I have (do I sound jealous?  Yeah?  Good!!!)

Actually, this is great, so props to Annat Katz, who posted this information about a year ago (so it's not current info, but all of the sites still exist).  I particularly liked The Sixty One site, which allows you to scroll through full page pictures of the bands whose music will start playing.  Apparently each page represents a specific genre (yes, the Buffalo knows some French!).

Below is the link to the Blog:

Top 10 Free Music Streaming and Music Discovery Sites « All My Faves | Blog

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

BLIP.FM

This site is a favorite of mine; it reminded me of my days of spinning discs on the Electric Radio and at Sneaky Pete's disco in New York's Capital District.  Sometimes it's fun to "share your musical thoughts" with others, and that's what Blip.fm is all about.   Basically, you sign up, then look for deejays and listen to their playlists and/or deejay yourself!  You choose music that's already available to the site through the search bar.  Check out the Buff One's playlists, last built in early 2K11!

Methinks it's time to start deejaying again!!!  I need the fix!

BONNIE RAITT

I love Bonnie.  I have her first album on vinyl, and I still spin it!  Who knew this lady would become such a success?  Well, I did!  Her latest album, 'Slipstream', dropped this past Tuesday (April 10, 2012).  It features Joe Henry (we'll talk about him another time) and other fine musicians.  I've been grooving to the album while I write this, so forgive the "fan boy" mode.  Great work, Bonnie!

One of the most surprising songs on the album is an interpretation of the late Gerry Rafferty's tune, "Right Down The Line".  You may know that Gerry, who was in Stealers Wheel and the Humblebums (comedian/actor Billy Connolly was in that group too), passed early last year at the age of 63.  Bonnie took the tune and made it her own, but her work stands out as a tribute to Mr. Rafferty.   You may judge for yourself!


Your thoughts? 

No comments:

Post a Comment