Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A Musical Interlude

Having all this music available for free makes me crazy.  It turns out there aren't enough hours in my life to hear, download and blog about all the great sounds emanating from the web, if you know where to look.  So, let me help you find some of the goodies I found today and let you hear them for yourselves.

 Hey Marseilles - True Love Will Find You in the End



You'll find their website at heymarseilles.com.   This seven-piece band from Washington (the State) is categorized as Indie-Pop, Indie-Folk and Jazz.  For me, they are a tasty stew of music with unique instrumentation - well, have you played a drumbourine before? - which means that mandolin, trumpet, accordion, cello and viola play a big role in their sound!  Their first album, "To Travels and Trunks", was highly acclaimed when released in 2008 and again in a remastered form in 2010.   Enjoy this tune , written by Daniel Johnston, from their recently released "Valentines".

Lemolo - In Black and White



More from the great state of Washington!  I seem to like my music stripped down and raw on occasions, and it's even more enjoyable when the band consists of a guitarist and a drummer!   Well, here we have Meagan Grandall - on guitar, keyboards and vocals - and Kendra Cox - on drums and keyboards - playing some spare, dreamy, ringing, terse, rock and roll music!  Don't expect the White Stripes nor the Black Keys (hey, Black and White, get it?  It was unintentional, I think) because they haven't reached that level of musical maturity!  But these women play solidly and the music jumps from other-worldly and ethereal to in-your-face with ease, and you'll be happy you listened. 

There is a link to a KEXP Radio Performance of their song "On Again, Off Again" --> HERE!

Go to lemolomusic.com for music and other information.

Be not afraid to speak up, my friends.  Let me know what you like or don't like about this blog!  I can take it!  As The Pursuit of Happiness sang way back in 1988, "I'm an Adult Now!"

Cheers for now!

BB


No comments:

Post a Comment